Blood Moon

I’m never any good at these, but I always have to try. I almost missed the eclipse and grabbed the camera a bit late in the game, but shot these from 2:10 to 2:36 a.m. (Central).

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Blood Moon

1. Laurel Regan says:

We couldn’t see anything as we were socked in with a small snowstorm. (Yes, in April.) So thank you for the pics!

• ablueskyboy says:

We had a snow storm the day before (still in April), and so the sky was a bit hazy last night. But, I fell asleep in the twilight and missed the eclipse. I was woken up by the dogs when the Moon turned itself back on again in the clear night sky.

My dogs were acting crazy last night, but I don’t think it was the eclipse. I think they are, in fact, crazy. ;)

• ablueskyboy says:

I think any creature susceptible to the phase of the Moon would go crazy if the Moon went from a Full Moon to a New Moon and back again all in one night. The neighboring dogs certainly did, waking up everyone hours before the breaking dawn.

You’re welcome. I wish I could take better moon shots–like those I see online–but even though I follow all the advice on how to photograph it, they never turn out right. Still, at least it’s obvious that it really was red!

Renee and I went to bed at 11:30 so I didn’t even wait for the 1 a.m. start time to see if the heavy cloud cover (rain and/or snow) would clear up. Weather reports this morning say they didn’t. We did have light snow in some parts of the city as temps dipped into the 20s. My new camera refuses to take moon shot anyway. Drat auto focus!

I guess you’re like me–we’ll have to settle for moon shots when the sky is still light.

Poor Renee and you–this winter needs to END!