Button Sunday

Tonight the incomparable Dame Maggie Smith returns to US televisions as the Dowager Countess of Grantham and reminds me that if I can’t have minions or house elves, shouldn’t I at least be allowed some footmen?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Button Sunday

I hope you enjoy the series (assuming you watch it?) My favourite Dowager dialogue from series 4:

Isobel: You do so hate being wrong.
    Dowager: I wouldn’t know. I’m not used to the sensation.

Yes, I do watch it. I love the verbal sparring between the Dowager and Isobel.

• Mark says:

I think I misquoted terribly. The Dowager responds with something like:

“I wouldn’t know; it’s not a sensation I am familiar with.”

The sentiment remains the same. =)

Haven’t been able to watch the two-hour opener yet; we recorded it. We’re still trying to catch up on all the shows we missed and recorded during the holidays.

Oh – and, as regards footmen, what are Tom and Tim, then..?

:o)

Whilst I love Maggie Smith, I do not get this Downton Abbey thing … and Mom is also addicted to Call The Midwife which is kinda gross with all the birthin’ and all … She has agreed to watch Flowers in the attic with me though

I wouldn’t like “Call the Midwife,” though I’ve at least heard of it. I never read Flowers in the Attic so I doubt I’ll be watching the new version. Not my cup of tea–which Downton most definitely is.

What a boring world it would be if all of us liked the same things.