Celebrate!

The dinosaurs are throwing a big party because I FINALLY FINISHED THIS BOOK. Dinosaurs still roamed the earth when I began it. I’m not sure what year that was, but there’s a receipt in the pages from another store–not the bookstore where I bought it–dated 1999, so make of that what you will. Perhaps if I hadn’t read hundreds of other books–and written and edited a few–in the interim, I might have finished it sooner.

It doesn’t bode well for how long the other two in the set will take to read. I estimate we’ll have colonized Mars by the time I finish.

21 Responses to Celebrate!

If I knew you would read it I would send you World War Z – Only because I would want to see the post complete with zombie Barbies and war veterans that you would make.

“You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din!”

Well, even if you never finish the last two volumes, they will look rather elegant on the bookshelf.

Home library envy is one fault I can’t shake. When I see whole rooms of built-in, floor to ceiling shelves, packed with leather-bound and hard-cover books–well, I’m pretty sure all my books, even the paperbacks, would look delightful in such a room.

You’ve got stamina, I’ll give you that!

Have you ever started a book that you couldn’t–or wouldn’t–finish? That’s happened less than a handful of times to me, I think.

5. Becky says:

answering Marika:

I think they went toward plaid not because they think it’s Southern, but because it’s the thing this season in fashion. Everybody wants to use it so Nina will say “you’re on trend.”

I do think it’s okay to use a madras plaid (a traditional good ol’ frat boy shirt fabric) and make it into something unexpected, like Bradon did.

Southern woman or not, it was a Belk challenge. Surely they’re all familiar with department stores and who their customers are? Just design for any woman in whatever is age appropriate–“modern” seemed like code for no ballgowns that look like they should have hoops, no denim and cowboy boots, and no country singer with big hair and sequins. At least they managed not to fall into any of those traps.