April Photo A Day: A Place

Houston is known for its diversity, so it’s a great city for the installation of artist Jaume Plensa’s seven sculptures, “Tolerance,” on Harmony Walk just off of Allen Parkway near downtown. My photo shows five (or four and a half) of the seven. You can read more about the art here, if you’re interested. You can also click here to see a larger version of this photo.

I love driving by these sculptures, especially at night when they’re lit from within. And I appreciate having found my own place in this city with its fascinating people, art, architecture, and energy.

Prompt from FMS Photo A Day.

8 Responses to April Photo A Day: A Place

1. Ron says:

wow, those are really impressive.

A perfect photograph … nature and art combined … a serene place where emotion, peace and tolerance blend.

You describe it very well. I love outdoor works of art because you can get as close as you want and touch and even hug it, if you’re so inclined, and no one yells at you. Though people driving by might doubt your sanity, but who cares about that.

Impressive. Most impressive. :)

I’m glad you like them. Google image Jaume Plensa‚Äôs name and you can see more of his amazing sculptures from all over the globe.

4. David P says:

Wow. Awesome shot, Becky.

Thanks. I’ve seen far better shots of the sculptures, but I was in a hurry to get back and blog. ONE BLOG RULES ME.